Bodystreet Franchise (UK) Limited (“we”, “us” or “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Studio Membership T&Cs and any other documents referred to in them) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By providing us with information about yourself or visiting our website bodystreet.co.uk (“our website”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Bodystreet Franchise (UK) Limited of Gemini House Sunrise, Parkway, Linford Wood, Milton Keynes, England, MK14 6LS. Our registration number with the Information Commissioner’s Office is ZA550401
1.1. We may collect and process the following data about you:
1.1.1. Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms provided by us (whether in a studio, on our website or otherwise) or by corresponding with us online, in person, by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you become a member of our studios, purchase our goods or services, register to use our website, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our website, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our studios, products, services or our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone numbers, age, body measurements, fitness experience, training goals, health details, diet, lifestyle, credit card and bank account information, personal descriptions and photographs.
1.1.2. Information we collect about you on our website. With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
1.1.3. Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you from third parties with which we work together including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers. We also may receive information about you from our franchisees operating under a franchise agreement with us.
3. Uses made of your information
3.1. We use information held about you in the following ways:
3.1.1. Information you give to us. We will use this information:
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
• to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
• to notify you about changes to our products and services; and
• to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
3.1.2. Information we collect about you on our website. We will use this information:
• to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
3.1.3. Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
4. Disclosure of your information
4.1. We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
4.2. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
• Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
• Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
• Our selected third parties with a view to bringing benefits to you and helping you receive an improved service.
4.3. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Bodystreet Franchise (UK) Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the terms of any agreements with you or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Bodystreet Franchise (UK) Limited, our customers, or others.
5. Where we store your personal data
5.2. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
5.3. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6. Third Party Websites
6.1. Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
7. Your rights
7.1. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Gemini House Sunrise Parkway, Linford Wood, Milton Keynes
Buckinghamshire MK14 6LS.
7.2. The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Buckinghamshire MK14 6LS.
1.2. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
2. We use the following cookies:
2.1. Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
2.2. Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
2.3. Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
2.4. Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
2.6. You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.